This insurance covers Private Dwellings against Fire and other perils as listed hereunder. The Houseowners policy is designed to cover the building.
- Fire, lightning, thunderbolt, subterranean fire.
- Aircraft and other aerial devices and/ or articles dropped therefrom.
- Impact with any of the buildings by any road vehicles or animals not belonging to or under the control of the Insured or any members of his family.
- Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tanks, apparatus or pipes, excluding:
- in respect of each and every loss the amount stated in the policy schedule.
- destruction or damage occurring while the Private Dwelling House is left untenanted.
- Theft but only if accompanied by actual forcible and violent breaking into or out of a building or any attempt thereat.
- Hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, windstorm.
- Flood but excluding loss or damage caused by subsidence or landslip.
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption.
- Rent (Up to 10% of the Total Sum Insured on Buildings)
The Company will indemnify the Insured for the undermentioned loss actually incurred by the Insured in consequence of the premises specified in the policy schedule being so damaged as to be rendered uninhabitable but only in respect of the period necessary for reinstatement.
- Liability to the Public (Up to RM50,000 any one accident)
The Company will indemnify the Insured against all sums for which the Insured may be held legally liable as owner of the Private Dwelling House in respect of accidents caused by a defect in the Buildings of the Private Dwelling House or in the Landlord's fixtures and fittings or in the walls, gated, fences and trees around and pertaining thereto, occurring during the Period of Insurance and resulting in:
- Bodily injury to any person not being a member of the Insured's family or household nor at the time of sustaining such injury engaged in the Insured's service.
- Damage to property not belonging to or in the charge of or under the control of the Insured or of a member of his family or householder or of a person in his service.
The rates shown hereunder are Annual Premium rates per cent, applicable to Private Dwelling Houses constructed of brick or concrete walls, roof of tiles or concrete or other non-combustible materials and floors of reinforced concrete (classified as construction class 1A).
|Type of Dwelling||Rate||Illustration of Premium Due for Sum Insured of RM100,000 (in RM)|
|Detached and non-detached dwelling;||0.106%||106.00||Apply to houseowners|
|Flats & Apartments||0.109%||109.00||Apply to houseowners|
|Detached and non-detached dwelling;||0.398%||398.00||Apply to householders|
The calculator is a guide only to assist you in determining the estimated sums to be insured for residential properties, simple shop house and shop office and is not a substitute for professional advice to be obtained.
Before using the calculator, kindly note the following:
- if any renovations have been made to your property, you are advised to indicate the amount (cost of renovation) in the box provided in the BCC.
- if your property has unique or special design features and/or have extensive renovations and/or have complex structures affixed, you are advised to obtain professional advice for a more accurate assessment of your property.
To access to the BCC provided by PIAM, kindly click on the following link:-