Claims Service

Access our Frequently Asked Questions to find the answers you might be looking for.


Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and answers which may be of use to you. If you have any questions for us or need any further clarification, please do call our Customer Service at 1 800 889 933 or email us at


Q: Are photostated or certified true copies of medical bills acceptable in the case of claim on medical expenses?

A: No, only original bills are acceptable as an Insured is entitled to claim not more than once from any sources available.


Q: For injury claim, can I claim for cost incurred in purchasing medical report?

A: No, the onus of proof on the injuries sustained lies with the Insured and therefore the cost of medical expenses should be borne by the Insured.


Q: If my business premise were broken into twice within the same period of insurance and if I had been fully compensated for the first claim for the maximum limit under the policy, will my claim on the second break-in be considered?

A: No, the maximum amount payable during the period of insurance will be the limit of Sum Insured unless the Company agrees upon payment of additional premium to reinstate the full Sum Insured.


Q: What is covered during the Maintenance Period of a Contractor's All Risks policy?

A: During Maintenance Period of a Contractor's All Risks policy, coverage will be provided in respect of loss or damage occasioned by the Contractor in the course of any operations carried out by him for the purpose of complying with his obligations under the maintenance provisions of the contract.


Q: In the event of a burglary, can I claim for the cost of repairing / making good the damage to my premises under the Burglary policy?

A: Yes, you can but not exceeding 5% of the total sum insured under the policy.


Q: What is an Excess?

A: Excess is the first amount of each and every loss or damage, which is to be borne by the Insured in the event of a claim. 


Q: In the event of an equipment theft claim and the market value of my stolen equipment is established to be RM250,000.00 whilst the policy sum insured is RM280,000.00, how much will be I compensated?

A: The policy will indemnify you the market value of the insured property or the sum insured, whichever is the lower, subject to deduction of any excess. In the above instance, your compensation (upon establishment that market value is RM250,000) will be RM250,000 less excess, if any.


Q: Do I have to submit a Claim Form in the event of a Marine Cargo claim?

A: No, for Marine Cargo claim, you are required to submit a claim bill together with other relevant documents as stated in the "Claim Procedure" section of this homepage.


Q: Does the fire policy cover theft of goods following a fire incident?

A: No, fire policy excludes loss by theft during or after the occurrence of a fire.


Q: If I have two or more policies covering the same property, can I make a claim from each of the respective Insurer for the full amount of the loss?

A: Under the basic principle of contribution, each Insurer shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of such loss or damage.


Q: How soon can I get my vehicle from the workshop after an accident?

A: It depends on the extent of the damages to your vehicle.


Q: Do I need to pay anything to get the vehicle from the workshop after an accident?

A: You will have to pay the amount of Excess under your policy, if applicable. If your vehicle is under-insured, you will have to bear the proportionate difference.